Let Go And Let God

All about trust. Do I trust God enough to give all my worries over to Him?

Recently something came up with one of my kids. A big red flag. For a few moments I went back into my untreated Al-Anon mode. The one that never, EVER did me any good. My brain knows that to be true and yet it kicks in and and off I go!  Luckily, within a minute or two, I stopped what I was doing and just said "NO" not this time and walked away. Using my Al-Anon tools, I briefly shared my concern with someone and then I let it go. I gave my child up to my Higher Power and recognized the I had none, zero, zilch, nothing, no power over this situation. Taking a great big breathe, I moved on with my day, not really giving the situation another thought until someone else brought it up. My child is doing pretty darn good and is well aware that I am here if I am needed. That's enough.

It so interesting how I used to think that if I just said the right words, did the right things, that the person involved would look at me and say, "You're absolutely right. What was I thinking?", and immediately change their wayward ways. For me, Letting Go and Letting God means that I begin recognize where I am suppose to put my efforts and hard work and where I am suppose to butt out and allow the world to unfold without my manipulating things to make the universe more comfortable for me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Let's Be Perfectly Clear

Things I Have Learned