Lot to Learn

One good thing about Al-Anon is that we start learning to keep our mouths shut. Everyone does not need to benefit from my opinion or vast life experiences. I can wait until I'm asked, otherwise try to keep it closed.

This is the ideal. I'm still learning but doing better all the time. Deflating the ego that was boosted up on the pedestals of warped thinking is imperative to the healing process.  It is good to remember that having an opinion or something to contribute made me feel in control, needed and a integral player in any situation. The truth is I have learned a great deal, especially over the last year or so, but in the learning I realized just how little I really know.

Meanwhile, the focus is on healing and learning and seeking my God to create a new version myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Let's Be Perfectly Clear

Go!