Goodbyes and Hellos

I said goodbye without a tear.  Better than that....I left without feelings of resentment, anger or blame.




Sadness tugged here and there, reminding me that my old dreams still had a bit of a hold on me, but overall, not too bad.  I could credit so many different reasons.  First and foremost, four wonderful kids who have managed to love both of their parents through a difficult, dirty and ugly situation. Kudos to them for the hard work they've done to be OK.  Secondly, a God who has shown me that in order to receive mercy and kindness, I must be willing to give it out freely, without strings. Only then am I free to love myself and accept dynamic love from others. Next, the support of friends and family and of another unique family that started me thinking in a different way.......my lovely circle of friends on Happier.com. These people showed me that no matter the circumstance, one can always find something, no matter how small, to be grateful for. And finally, to Al-Anon for teaching me that seeing myself as the victim leads to unhappiness and for showing me that no one is responsible for me except me.

You will only begin to heal when you let go of past hurts, Forgive those
who have wronged you and learn to forgive yourself for your mistakes.
Unknown



All in all, the past couple of years have been confusing and hard but I am on an upward swing and cannot wait to see where I end up.

Showing kindness in tough situations has changed my life....if you're not doing so, try it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Let's Be Perfectly Clear

Go!