Gratefulness and Family

Not much going on.  What a wonderful thing to be able to say.

My house entered escrow and I spent an afternoon crying and knowing that it was necessary. That's done and now I have moved on with being grateful for so many things. Big things and little things; the "things" don't matter, it's being grateful that matters.

I have a few people in my life that have NO family. One in particular has no one except a spouse. How does one get through in this world without family? I've always said that my siblings were the greatest gift my parents could have bestowed upon me. They have been a balm in the storm knowing I could count on them. Even our blacksheep, who I haven't seen since my mom died, would be there if I called him. It's something our Mom taught us without even saying a word.

I realize now that I can get through just about anything, day by day. With or without help, when I stop fretting over what could possibly happen tomorrow, I do so much better.

Why doesn't my mind go to wonderful things when I think what MIGHT happen? Because it needs some slow and steady retraining. Tomorrow may have amazing hidden blessings......I'm trying :)

 “How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong.  Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.” --George Washington Carver

Let this be my prayer....kindness in all circumstance.


Comments

  1. I was just surfing blogs and came across yours. I do not know what I would do without my family. They are there when everyone else can't or won't be. Though we don't see each other as much as we would like (life is so busy) we are always there for each other. That fills me with such love.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Let's Be Perfectly Clear

Things I Have Learned