My Secret Keeper

Today I had to get a plumber. Things have been slowly falling apart in my house over the last 4 months. Its an old house with a lot of issues but it's mine and I love it. I had some electrical and plumbing problems, garage door stopped working and pestilence running amok in the garden. These were all things that I really didn't have to think about before, but now, fit squarely in my lap (often being ignored as I plunge my fingers in my ears saying, "NA NA NA NA").

Finally, I called a plumber and he came out and did his job. Afterwards, we talked and I looked him in the eyes and I thought:

Are you an honest man?
Do you keep secrets?
Do you cheat on your wife and tell her you love her?
Are you using something "extra" to get you through your day?

I find myself doing this with many men I encounter. Looking into the windows of their souls, wondering; are you living a life full of secrets? I hope not for your sake and for the sake of all those who love you.

“Man is not what he thinks he is, he is what he hides.” 
― AndrĂ© Malraux

Meanwhile, I try very hard to be kind to the secret keeper in my life. If I can do it, I bet you can too♥

Comments

  1. I like that quote and that's certainly something I need to work on. I seem to go from oversharing to secret keeping and I need to find a better balance. For example, my boss and I are friendly, but not close and she does not need to know certain things about my life.

    And I do the same thing you do. I wonder what people are hiding or what families have secrets they don't want to admit. If anything it makes me kinder to people. The rude clerk at a store might be going through something terrible and instead of responding with rudeness I can say "Thank you, have a nice night." It's a choice and I'm choosing to be more understanding.

    I'm totally stealing that quote...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Let's Be Perfectly Clear

Go!