Reach Out to Those Around You

Albert Camus seemed to know me when he wrote this;
In the midst of hate, I found there was, within me, an invincible love.
In the midst of tears, I found there was, within me, an invincible smile.
In the midst of chaos, I found there was, within me, an invincible calm.
I realized, through it all, that…
In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer.
And that makes me happy. For it says that no matter how hard the world pushes against me, within me, there’s something stronger – something better, pushing right back.

I don't know about you but this has always been inside me.  I have always known I would land on my feet. What I did not know was how much I would need to count on the wisdom and love of the people around me. I am so incredibly blessed. God has placed in my life; listeners, encouragers, cheerleaders, admonishers, realists and comforters. They listened when I could barely speak. They spoke and I tried to listen, considerings their words, bouncing them off of my thoughts and preconcieved notions. Sometimes, setting them aside for later, when the pain in my heart wouldn't block their messages.

Years ago my sister said to me that I needed to look at the situation and take responsibility for my part. I was so angry at the time. She was right! Not attempting to place blame, but looking at me and what I did, right or wrong. Assessing my behaviour and how I might change it. A necessary step in the direction of finding peace. I am responsible for how I act or react. 

The people we love are human and will make mistakes, big and small. We have control of how we respond to those mistakes. I will continue to search for Summer, no matter what.

Kindess, I've discovered, is everything in life.  ~Isaac Singer

Please be kind

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Let's Be Perfectly Clear

Go!