Let’s Go Someplace Quiet



Boy Scout is on the couch recovering from a number of unpleasant health issues. I’m in the barrel chair, dog on my lap, looking out the front window.

In my past life I would have felt down, gazing at the muted palette, the ice, the lack of movement. I have new glasses with which to see the world and those glasses allow me to notice serene landscape, the quiet, the beauty of the cleared pathway that runs from our front door to the car (compliments of our neighbors 11 year old son) and the elongating crystal-like spears hanging from the eaves and whatever else that can attach themselves to. 

The only sign of life right now is the smoke gently rising out of a few of our neighbors chimneys. It’s early yet. It’ll pick up but right now I am enjoying the silence of a cold winter morning. 

I love my life, my new set of glasses.

Comments

  1. I am so happy for you, Linda! Your path is clear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quiet and the space for contemplation are some of the best things about winter.
    This ice has been persistent, though!
    e from pdx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Contentment is vastly underrated! You are there and appreciating the small wonders of your life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Let's Be Perfectly Clear

Go!