Here Comes The Sun

This morning's sunrise is stunning. I am in awe. 

I finally found a good spot to greet each new day. The top of a nearby parking structure gives me a unique first peek. The loveliness that occurs long before the sun shows itself is what my heart waits for. The inky blackness of the night softens and suddenly out of the darkness a faint tint of pink appears just above the jagged silhouette of the Tualatin Mountain range east of me. This is when my soul mocks my logical thinking part, chiding me for wondering if there is something bigger out there. 

I put an offer in on  another house. It’s a long shot but I am at peace. 

I use those words “I am at peace” nonchalantly, almost flippantly, but then I remember where I came from. Before, my brain was my worst enemy. In ACA, we call it the inner critical parent and mine was a real bitch. She had a vested interest in keeping in shame and scarcity, often telling me how unworthy and stupid I was. She is mostly gone. I am cultivating a loving inner parent. Hard work but well worth the effort.  




Comments

  1. May you enjoy every sunrise to come! Love that meme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love those words: "I am at peace." Sending hope your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent quote! Savour your hard-earned inner peace--sometimes during difficult times, I am still amazed when I recognize it. Twenty years ago, I would never have imagined it possible.

    Fingers crossed for the house :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing the baggage we can carry without even knowing it.

      Delete
  4. Love your quote. I am happy you are at peace. Teach me oh wise one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with that offer on the house! You description of the sunrise is lovely. Light is shining on your new life!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Go!

Let's Be Perfectly Clear