My Gigi

Today my girl moves out for what will, most likely, be the last time. It’s good. It’s time. 

I am grieving, just a little, that this is the end of the storyline and a new one will begin. Hers will now have me on the periphery, which is as it should be. I am sad for a number of reasons that are hard even to put into words. 

She’s a tough cookie who has, much of the time, handled the ins ands outs of having a dad with mental illness on her own. I’m here but she shoulders it herself. At times it has been way too much. That’s when she goes inside herself and I get very worried for her. This time she has a game plan that she worked out with someone she trusts. She knows who to call for emotional support and which local to call if need be. When he ends up in the hospital, not only does she worry but she also becomes his guardian. The first time it happened she was so young and did not know how to ask for help.  Older and wiser, even with a plan it won’t be easy. She adores the guy and he adores her back but mental illness can be a hard task master. 

All that being said, she is purposeful about the relationships she fosters, her career is heading in the right direction, she has built a community. She is following her passion. 

She has strong wings and wish I was staying to watch her fly. 

She is McKenna, KenKen, Kenna, Kennabunkport, Bobo, Sister, Macky just to name a few but Gigi is hers and mine and I love both these girls to bits.

Comments

  1. Wishing her and you the best as the new journey begins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debra took my words. I wish you both new beginnings that will have you both flourish.♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so hard, letting them go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so hard when kids leave home. It never seems like they're grown up enough and yet they survive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's hard when they fly, isn't it. But oh, what a wonderful woman -- you have both done well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Let's Be Perfectly Clear

Go!