What Is The Truth?

We’ve had a lot of May Gray and June Gloom but today I got this. 

Most 12 Step groups are spiritual in nature. They require you to find a power greater than yourself to trust. For many, that is the traditional Judeo Christian god of the Bible. For others it is a version of Mother Nature.  And for some, they trust in the higher power of the meeting itself.  

I’ve yet to figure out exactly what I believe in but I have come to the conclusion that it is my job to find the beauty in everything that comes my way. I haven’t arrived here arbitrarily. I’ve watched people from many walks, many belief systems and I’ve found there are both joy filled and miserable people there. Good things happen to horrific people and horrible things happen to the kindest, most faith filled people. Therefore, I figure if I want to be happy, and I do, I have to choose it. 

My job is to find the beauty in the universe and be grateful for it. And I do. It may take me a little time sometimes. I fight what is coming my way but I eventually get there, even though I often take the long road. 

So, it that Jesus? Perhaps. Allah? The four noble truths? Maybe. Perhaps it is the universe itself. 

I’m really open. Let’s see what unfolds. 

Comments

  1. This reminds me of a piece of art I have on my wall, 'We tend to seek happines when happiness is actually a choice.' I firmly believe that and while I do believe it with my whole heart, it is sometimes not as easy as it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beauty, gratitude and love are great spiritual truths. They don't necessarily have to be anthropomorphized as a mythological person to serve that purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've reached the conclusion about the requirement mentioned in your first paragraph, by myself,based on my life experience, without any outer influence.
    Yes, I need the guide and protection of a power greater than me as I'm but a dot in the big universe. Some call this power God, some Mother Nature, some the Universe. A power that we can trust, pray to, and hope for answers.
    But each to his own, as they say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too. Life is a never ending path of learning it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe I have to choose happiness too. For me it’s in nature and love of family. Each finds her own.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find that the Noble Eightfold Path (which is number four of the Four Noble Truths) is a good foundation for me, providing a framework to build on as I learn new things through my life experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing shot. Perfectly captured!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Go!

Let's Be Perfectly Clear