No Idioms Today

Today was the day. I sit here trying to figure out what I feel. Grief, loneliness, sadness....loss. But I sit here just the same. There is something to be said about the cultures that wail. I found this:

Grief was expressed in an open and unrestrained way that was cathartic and communally shared, very much in contrast with the modern emphasis on controlling one’s emotions and keeping grief private. 

In various cultures the outpouring of emotion was not only required but performed ceremonially, in the form of ritualized weeping accompanied by wailing and shrieking. For example, traditions of the “death wail,” which allowed people to cry their grief aloud, have been documented among the ancient Celts. They exist today among various indigenous peoples of Africa, South America, Asia and Australia.

Wailing is what my heart wants to do but the stiff upper lip, taught before I was conscious of being taught, prevails. It is said that there is a time for everything. Perhaps it is time to learn to wail. 
















Our golfing buddy 


She let me know it was time♥

Comments

  1. I am so sorry Linda. Sending a hug across the continent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO sorry, linda. it's so hard to lose furkids. go ahead and wail, scream, shout, pound the walls. we understand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for your loss. We do love our furry companions so much. They are a part of the family and our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My condolences, Linda. I hope there is some comfort in knowing that she had a long and wonderful life with you and your family. Hugs to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I am so sorry for this HUGE loss!! Much love and hugs to you both!
    R.I.P Sophie.💔💔

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wailing is not only allowed, it is essential. I'm so deeply sorry. Those of us who have said that final goodbye can empathize with you and we wrap our collective arms around you in love and in grief.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry for your loss, Linda. It's hard so a good wail may be in order, I know I did. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so, so sorry that you are experiencing the grief of losing your beautiful beloved dog. I hope that the happy memories you have of her will bring some comfort to you. It's clear she was well-loved and cared for.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you my friends for your words of comfort. I am blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so very sorry. I still feel the loss of my good girl last August very keenly. Losing a dog is heartbreaking. Take care. ❤

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Go!

Let's Be Perfectly Clear