Moving in The Right Direction

WORD FOR THE DAY

There are many things to be grateful "for" but,
as I ripen with the seasons of life,
the many reasons blend into a sacred mystery.
And, most deeply, I realize
that living gratefully is its own blessing.
MICHAEL MAHONEY
The older I get, the more I work with my counselor and foster my ACA program, the more this is a real and compelling truth. The knot in my stomach, the negative racing thoughts, all lessen as I sit back on what is truly important and reason I am here. Living gratefully allows me to love more freely and focus on the here and now.

Maybe sounds a little kumbaya-ish but all-in-all, as a way of life, I am liking it.

What about you? What comes up on your gratitude meter today?

Comments

  1. My life is filled with gratitude. I don't care for the life that has happened to us that was out of our control, but we've tried to make the best of it. I am thankful I have a roof over my head and a crazy ass hubby to share it all with, the good and the awful. A partner in crime helps everything even the bad shit we are living through and trying to adjust to our new normal. It could always be worse and I constantly tell myself that when feeling sorry for myself. And I still feel sorry for my self sometimes and that I have to change and work on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am a big believer in the power of gratitude and all of us have much to be grateful for. It's always better and more healthy to focus on the positive, not on the negative. That's not to say we have to be naive or close our eyes to the realities of this world, it just means we choose not to lodge our spirit in a dark place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree with you Linda 100%!! When I reflect in gratitude every day is better! I definitely believe we set the tone for our experiences based on our perception of life! HUGS TO YOU MY FRIEND!!Annster's Domain

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am grateful for reading this post. It is a huge help today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am grateful for the sun, a walk with my husband, our first picnic of this year...the simple things in life always bring me great pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am grateful for the big guy who is sane and rational and who keeps me grounded even when I want to spin off into crazytown.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm grateful for my wife, our daily walks and great conversations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really beautiful. I need to remember this one.

    Today I am grateful that I got to sleep in my own bed last night instead of Rick's couch or floor. I had no idea how lovely it was to come home and fall into my own bed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Go!

Let's Be Perfectly Clear