This Moment Here and Now

When I was a little girl I used have this fear that I would blink and suddenly I would be old.

It kinda happened. I blinked and here I am, wrinkled skin and all. How? I just can't say.
I have had much joy but I also have so many regrets and yet to regret means to not live in the present, doesn't it?

I want to embrace today....everyday.

So here goes....to this little office that I spend so much time in...working and sometimes not doing too much work.....I am grateful that you have kept me warm. You have allowed special people to walk by your doorway every day. You've introduced me to the most interesting souls. Smiles and grunts and casual waves have run past you like quick, small snippets of film. But they are my snippets, my people, my life.  I've enjoyed being here inside and now that I know you are soon going to become a part of my past,  I will commit to memory as best I can the good times, the sharing of secrets and the healing that took place in this room.

Time keeps moving....I'll stay in the present and I’ll be taking care of business.


Comments

  1. Love that song. A life without regrets is a tough one to acquire. It starts from this moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great office - two big monitors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spreadsheets and lots of them...ugh. So grateful for excel and so not at times.

      Delete
  3. Linda - are you retiring? I am green with envy if you are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No ma'am. I wish but I will probably working until my 70's if I last that long.

      Delete
  4. Aging sucks but it beats the alternative, as they say!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just keep waking up on this side of the dirt and we'll be here cheering you on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And what a great choice in music! I love this song. It does feel like we've blinked and aged, doesn't it? Sometimes I wonder where all the time went. Then I remember my adult daughters and...there it is :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That time does go fast, doesn't it, Linda. Yes, blink and it's gone. We're old and we don't feel like it (apart from a creaky bone here and there). A lovely and most thoughtful post.

    You asked about Rick's hospital photo. That was one of his ER times when he did a header off the bike and landed in the hospital again with another head injury. Thank God for helmets -- and that he wasn't riding alone that day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Let's Be Perfectly Clear

Things I Have Learned