There Is Beauty In The Mess



WORD FOR THE DAY

I do not at all understand the mystery of grace--only that it meets us where we are but doesn't leave us where it found us.
ANNE LAMOTT

What could be more true?

Grace started the process of change in a way that nothing else could. The old me was far more negative, self absorbed, fearful (is that even possible?) and blind to the castle walls that had been erected over time. Now I can see over the top of the walls and the view is spectacular! Grace is removing the emotional fortress brick by brick and I could not, despite the pain of self reflection, be more grateful for the destruction.

I keep trying....I hope you do too.




Comments

  1. I love Anne Lamott and that is a wonderful quotation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, that was a great quote! Thank you.
    Happy Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quote. Thanks for the wonderful reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for sharing such lovely wise words dear Linda!

    we grow by the time and become wiser by learning from our experiences ,this is the beauty of life .
    i am glad that you are proud of what you are now

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am quite moved by the concept of grace. It is such a true gift.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Go!

Let's Be Perfectly Clear