The City of The Angels

Los Angeles......The Angels.

The other day when the Boy Scout and I were celebrating his birthday with a tour of Union Station we decided to take more of the cities sites. As I grew up there, there wasn't any big surprises but it was fun to see it through his eyes. Like most big cities, Los Angeles is a multicultural Mecca and it is rather easy to figure out what part of town you are in by the signage and its vibe. Boyle Heights with its Latino barrio, Silverlake with a great LGBTQ community, Little Tokyo, Koreatown, Leimert Park with a strong African American influence.  It's an interesting, lovely and gritty town.

Scattered throughout the neighborhoods are fascinating examples of street art and fabulous murals:


This is one that, though faded now, I have loved for decades



In addition to the murals, are the famous Wings (though they can be found elsewhere, this is reportedly where they started). Turn any corner and you can find a set by the artist Colette Miller and claim one as your own:


I got my set although I am no Angel!

Enjoy your day......Love from Southern California♥

Comments

  1. The murals are incredible. Especially the wings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live on an island and you can only go so far before you have to either turn around or get off. There isn't a whole lot going on so it's cool to see all of this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We can all fly if given half a chance.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Let's Be Perfectly Clear

Things I Have Learned