Out Of Control

Last night my boy called from Portland. We did small talk, caught up and filled in. After that was all over I had a feeling that he wanted to talk some more so I just asked if anything else was going on. He proceeded to tell me about some struggles he was having with his relationship and with himself. It was well thought out and he offered up both sides of the problem.

I loved seeing his hard work and his desire to build a solid foundation for the future. I mostly was humbled that he decided to share it with me. I refrained from taking sides, I listened with love and minimally offered up things that have helped me in similar situations. One thing for sure, he is his mother's son...probably most like me than the other 3 but he's learning to navigate a healthier life about 30 years earlier than I did.  Kudos to him!!

Best part??? I didn't feel the need to fix, control or to have him say something that would alleviate my discomfort in knowing he is struggling. Yay me! I let my boy know I loved him and fell asleep a little while later. While it may not seem like much, it is a victory for this lady.

Happy Thursday♥ 

Comments

  1. Good for you for listening. Thanks for visiting me at Delights of the Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful call for you both Linda!
    I take it you like to fix. How did you change that? I so understand and I tend to do the same even though it drove me bonkers when my husband did it to me. Then one day I said to him, I just need you to hear me, allow me to vent. I will ask you babe if I want you to fix it. That was a light bulb moment for him. (and us as a couple)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More work than I can express. Also, I'm only successful part of the time so I celebrate when I am able.

      Delete
  3. just the fact that your son wanted to share something important with you...
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Falling asleep afterwards and not laying wide awake for hours is a definite yay you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done, Linda! You must be so proud of your son and yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good mom! Boy, it's hard not to weigh in sometimes. I applaud you. And, I admire your son and the relationship you share for him to reach out to you. Sometimes it's hard not to fix. But I'm really not sure we can. We just want to. Three cheers for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone!!! I appreciate the cheering section.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done, mom! I'm sure your boy slept well, too :)

    ReplyDelete

  9. I'am glad to read the whole content of this blog and am very excited,Thank you for sharing good topic.

    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Let's Be Perfectly Clear

Go!