Taking A Break

Lake Tahoe is the second deepest lake in the U.S. It sits on the border of Northern California and Nevada. Known for its gorgeous blue water, the lake hosts fabulous winter and summer sports, although the water is a little too chilly for this girl. Because it sits in both states, it has the added bonus of gambling on the Nevada side for those who are inclined. It is our 2nd biggest lake, only exceeded in size by the Salton Sea (which is a lake and should be the subject for another day).

My sweet girlfriend and her husband spend a lot of time up there throughout the year. These pics were from the hike she took yesterday:






And this is today. 
The weather can be spotty but its still gorgeous anyway you look at it.


My first trip to Tahoe (at least that I can recall) was my honeymoon on September 15, 1985. We were young, broke and were hard pressed to afford the 5 days we stayed. My suggestion would be to pack for all weather and watch out for Canadian Geese. Those suckers are aggressive.

I've been one other time with the four kids, somewhere around 2005, and had a really nice time. We got stuck in the most amazing hailstorm.

I don't know why I have not been there since. It's a 9 hour drive but we Californians are not intimidated by a measly 9 hour drive. I need to get myself back up there. Life is short.



Comments

  1. may 26 and there is still snow????? I have visited tahoe, took the lake cruise too. such beauty! yep, life is short; get in the car and GO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spectacular. What a gorgeous place to visit but imagine living there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh tooo cold for me but I imagine it might feel temperate to you Marie.

      Delete
  3. What a gorgeous place, very picturesque. You should go back there, you're right nine hours is not a big deal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photos! Yes, you should give yourself a little vacay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. God this is gorgeous and I'd be there all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Apart from the snow, it's pretty divine - I see a return trip in your future!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Let's Be Perfectly Clear

Things I Have Learned