I Will

I must stop reacting.

I had a set back the other day. My reaction, once again, overshadowed the negative behavior of someone else. Lord when will I learn?

I will learn. I will eventually get there. Little by little, I will learn to quiet the incredible anxiety that explodes out of me in an ugly way. I will, one day, be firm in who I am and where my boundaries lie....when I do, I will quietly enforce them, standing firm in the comfort of knowing when too far is too far FOR ME regardless how someone else views it.

Meanwhile, I am allowed to make mistakes. I am a imperfect human being that continues to try to be the best I can be. Despite my errors, I am:

a good friend
a good listener
a pretty good mom
a forgiving ex-wife
a person with empathy
a loving sister
a devoted daughter (despite being an orphan)
a good business woman
a partner who keeps trying

I am breathing, easing the anxiety, gaining back my serenity. Serenity is a beautiful thing.

I am wishing you peace today.

Comments

  1. Serenity IS a beautiful thing. Wishing you Peace today too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good thing you know your better points, and they are many. Be proud of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all make mistakes. The important thing is to recognize them for what they are and let them go. You have so many positive traits. Wishing you peace and serenity in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try not to be too hard on yourself. We are all human. :: hugs ::

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every day is a new day and an opportunity to do better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it takes a hella long time to remove the brain weasels from one's head (ask me how I know this). but once you doo, you are 100 pounds lighter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It takes constant practice to achieve our goals within ourselves. The thing for me is if I failed then I started over until I got it right or almost right. My wife is also my loudest cheerleader even when I mess up and that helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have missed you Bill. Hope you are all loved and feeling settled.

      Delete
  8. When you recognize what is going on, you can do things differently another time. Peace to you Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, you will get there. And you have many, many gifts. I am grateful you recognize them.

    And thank you for coming by my blog. It's always lovely to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. After examine a few of the weblog posts in your website now, and I actually like your method of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark web site record and will likely be checking back soon. Pls take a look at my web page as effectively and let me know what you think. online gambling

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Don't Be A Bob

Let's Be Perfectly Clear