RISE

Last Thursday the Boy Scout and I went on a little adventure. Getting up early, we headed for Las Vegas baby. If you knew me you would know that I am the farthest thing from a Las Vegas fan but off we went.

We didn't go for the drinking, smoking and gambling.....I had an agenda.

On Friday afternoon we took a bus 30 minutes out to the Mojave desert to the Rise Festival. After exiting the bus, we and hundreds of others walked a good trek to a giant roped area where we could eat, drink and get the necessary items for the evening. We got our bamboo mats and lanterns and made our way to one of the hundreds of tiki torches placed around a central stage. The atmosphere was light and happy and the people ranged from toddlers to grandma and grampa. Despite the long walk from the parking to the event, everyone was in a good mood, including my Boy Scout who did the walk with two new knees and a bum foot.

The music was good enough and set the mood for the evening (kinda ethereal) and we found our spot. Pulling out our lanterns, we proceeded to write on them with the provided pen wherever our heart told us to write. I wrote of my gratefulness for so much....for my wonderful kids, my Boy Scout, for friends and family and for learning to be grateful. My heart was full.

The time arrived and we were all instructed to light our tikis and then our lanterns. A countdown ensued and then THIS........

I couldn't get my personal video to load so here is Youtube's take on it.

It was lovely and breathtaking. It filled my heart with wonder, so much emotion. I thought of my mother and how she would have loved this, of my kids and how I wish I could have experienced it through their eyes when they were small, of love and life and of how the Boy Scout has changed my world in so many ways. I thought of the 58 people that would never get the chance to come and their loved ones....and I sent an apology....from me....for us Americans not doing something about this gun problem long ago. I thought of all the people I love including the Secret Keeper and how much I wished peace for his heart.

After it was over, I knew we would be back and I knew that I would want to share and I hope that you (yes you) get to experience a lantern festival too.

I hope you get to RISE!







Comments

  1. Rise indeed. It must really lift your spirit and touch the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that video is amazing! How wonderful that you were able to attend the Festival! I'd love to do that too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is so beautiful. It made me cry. It’s little things like this that help me see the good in people. Thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like something I would love to try. Thanks you for posting this. I agree with Birdie..you are one of the good people...it made me cry too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lolly girl...you would love it! My second lantern said I give up letting FEAR control me. I keep trying.

      Delete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Go!

Let's Be Perfectly Clear