Too Cold To Golf

Yesterday was our weekend now that the Boy Scout has a job bartending (which is a subject for another blog post). We spent a wonderful day in downtown Los Angeles. It was nice just being together and enjoying the sights and sounds. I love how each section has a very distinct feel.

We had lunch in a restaurant called Petit Trois, which is a tiny hole in the wall with fabulous food with a french flair.



















We sat at the counter and watched everything being prepared. It was crowded and bustling but the head chef watched over everyone, making sure it was up to his standards. He stepped in when needed and looked over every dish before being served. I enjoyed watching the culinary dance.

While looking on I noticed the head chef's arms. There were burns, bumps and tattoos, then suddenly he pulled up his sleeves and revealed the evidence of old cutting. The top of his forearms showed the scarring of repeated cuts. Nothing fresh. How I would have loved to hear his story. Who he was...who he is. I hope that he is on the road to peace and that he is being loved and valued for the person he is.

Comments

  1. Yes, sounds like that chef is a man with a history. The food looks delicious! And congrats to the Boy Scout on his new job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy that he found something he is passionate about doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love watching chefs cook. I do wonder what his story is. Probably pretty dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a place I would enjoy, Linda! I hope the head chef is doing well now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a nice place. And the food looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boy that burger looks great!!. At first I thought you were just going to say all the burns and cuts that everyone who has ever worked in a fast paced kitchen has on their arms. My mother grabs things now I never could without oven mitts because she has been burned so many times it doesn't even faze her now. Odd right? Her arms look like a battle field and in summer people always ask her about them. But there are no cut marks. I'm glad to see he is well and doing and has a great career.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Let's Be Perfectly Clear

Go!