Too Much Time On My Hands

My Boy Scout is working a bunch and I find myself with a lot of free time. Saturday and Sunday were spent trying to fill that "free" time but I am struggling to remain positive while I am reminded of all the time I spent alone while with the Secret Keeper. At the time, I could not figure out how anyone could be married, have 4 kids, a close knit family, and yet somehow feel like the loneliest person on the planet. I would wake with an ache and fall asleep with an ache. Walking through the day with small respites of connection where I would forget, for just awhile, that my soul ached for something else, to be somewhere else.

I am not lonely anymore. I just have to figure out how to fill my alone time better. I am working on it......I've got some ideas.






Comments

  1. When you're your own best friend, you're never alone. Now all you need is a hobby! Knitting? Painting? Chainsaw juggling?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahahaha. You’re right. Not cleaning though.

      Delete
  2. Debra is right! You can be alone and not lonely. It’s a state of mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It feels better to be alone sometimes.
    Here's a Wikipedia site with a list of hobbies you might like to try.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_hobbies

    ReplyDelete
  4. volunteer for a cause dear to your heart?

    I LOVE my alone time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tell my other half that when he retires he won't live long.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love being alone. I rarely get lonely but I wish I had a closer relationship with my husband. He mostly shames me when I mention it so I don’t do it often anymore. Except when I am being especially codependent and then I try to talk to him again. Same result every time. Insanity. When will I ever learn?

    ReplyDelete
  7. If this is what you do in your alone time, they I think you're using it quite well. Loved the memes, especially the "You can see me?" one. Big smile.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Let's Be Perfectly Clear

Go!